The Student Success and Equity Committee serves as a President's Advisory Committee and as a Senate Consultation Committee. It is established to provide recommendations to the Superintendent/President regarding the implementation of the Student Success Act of 2012, including the Student Success and Support Program (SSSP). The Committee’s mission is to promote student development, equity, retention, success and completion.
The Committee will provide a platform for collaboration and communication across the District that results in the integration of student success efforts, including effective academic and student services programs delivery and continuous improvement. It will ensure accurate data collection, reporting and evaluation related to student success.
The Committee’s responsibilities are to:
- Advise the development and implementation of a Student Success and Support Program Plan, and the review and update of the plan according to State guidelines.
- Advise the development and implementation of a Student Equity Plan in conjunction with SSSP, and the review and update of the Plan according to State guidelines.
- Review and provide recommendations to update policies and procedures related to student success and equity, particularly the core student success and support services of assessment, orientation, counseling/advising for education planning, and follow-up services.
- Advise the District’s strategies in identifying at-risk students (Basic Skills, students without educational goal or course of study, in academic probation or dismissal) and the establishment of an effective early-intervention system to provide necessary support to improve student success and retention.
- Collaborate and coordinate closely with the Basic Skills Initiative (BSI) Committee through liaisons on both committees and through regular joint meetings, at least once per semester.
- Use best practices models in prioritizing recommended strategies and initiatives for implementation across the District and to ensure their alignment with the District’s Strategic Plan.
- Provide input in the revision of data collection and reporting processes to accurately reflect services provided at SRJC and to conform to MIS and CCC Student Success Score Card reporting guidelines.
- Review research related to SSSP and student equity and make recommendations to improve the effectiveness of SSSP and to address equity matters.
- Assist in District professional development related to student success and retention.